Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Random Thoughts for Today

I am getting excited for opening day this Friday at Progressive Field.  I wish I was getting as excited about the entire baseball season.  I say 77 wins this season which is optimistic, Vegas is at 71.5.  The over is worth a bet if you have the extra cash.  See you at Pick Wick about 10 AM.

Really miss free agency this football off season.  No free agency makes the draft a lot harder to predict.  We all think we are Mel Kiper at this time of year.  Teams usually use free agency to address their needs and fill the gaps at the draft.  I believe that teams will be willing to traded this years picks for future picks.  Some teams will buy in that this will be a wasted year of football with it looking more like no true off season.

Don't know about you, but I am still pissed at Jim Tressel.  I do believe it is time for him to resign.  This may help him with some player, but will turn off many parents to him.  All the focus is on the 5 players he allegedly supported, but what about all the players he let down?

Now that the Bucks are gone, I am rooting for UCONN to win it all.  That pretty much puts the maloik on them.  Sorry UCONN.

I am itching to go play golf.  I will probably regret it after 2 or 3 holes though.  Northeast Ohio is a great place to live if you like to golf.  So many options of places to play.  The only drawback is a gave up beer for Lent, and that is usually the best part of my game.

The US economy is a mess.  We need to bite the bullet and balance the budget.  The economy will get better over time, but the whole we are digging will be so massive it may not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment